Happy Saturday friends!
How’s the week gone for you?
I, for one, am glad it is the weekend. Sunday night we had a crazy rainstorm with heavy wind and TONS of rain. Which led to a dark, cloudy week of on and off drizzle, and that bone-chilling, I want to drink tea all.day.long kind of cold. We are live close enough to the coast that when there is a tropical storm, even a non-threatening one we experience effects of the storm.
This kind of weather just makes me more tired I think. I’m hoping this weekend will bring me some sunshine and new energy.
Here are some photo favorites of the week:
Making progress on my “moral.” The Nahuatl women all make these. They are like the trendy hand bag of the sierra. So I’m trying my hand at it. I’m not crafty by any means, and I pretty much ask all my friends for help…like all the time.I think they love it. 🙂
Hot tea in my awesome mug + flowers from my man.
This tea. It is the perfect pick me up on a cold afternoon with a splash of almond milk.
My poinsettia flowering in my yard…Christmas is a comin’.
A new baked oatmeal recipe featuring a seasonal ingredient!
I also had my first taste of atol de shoko which is a hot drink that that the Nahuatl people make with milk, water, flour, sugar, and dried plums that they gathered wild back in May during plum season and dried for this exact occasion. It was yummy. I didn’t get a picture though. 😦
On the fitness front I wanted to share a quick 6 minute Fab Abs circuit with you. This circuit is so quick that it is perfect for immediately when you wake up, or throwing on to the end of any workout for a quick core burn!
FAB ABS – 6 minute circuit
* Complete the circuit 2xs through, 30 seconds each exercise.
- Plank Jacks – in high plank jump feet out and in like a jumping jack.
- High plank hold – hold high plank keeping a tight core. Don’t let your back arch or belly sag.
- Plank twist to “T” – in high plank twist to one side into a side plank forming a T with your arms. Twist back to plank and then to the other side.
- Bicycle crunches – lying on your back, hands behind your head, legs extended. Bring one knee up and crunch twisting so your opposite elbow touches your knee, switch.
- V ups – lying on your back, legs extended and arms extended by your ears. Using your core bring your legs and upper body up at the same time folding your body into a “V”. Lower & repeat.
- Crunches – lying on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the ground and hands behind your head. Crunch up towards your knees lifting your shoulders just off the floor. Lower & repeat.
Try this circuit 3-5 times a week for a tighter, toned tummy. And who doesn’t want one of those. And no, Santa won’t just bring you one. 🙂
So, just curious, when does everyone start decorating for Christmas? After Thanksgiving or before?