So, I’m just curious…has anyone else been eating a little more sugar than usual? Or am I alone in the battle. Evenings by the Christmas tree with a warm mug of tea in hand…just makes you crave a little something sweet. Everything in moderation…
While you are traveling and being tempted by all the goodies that the holidays has to offer, this little quickie of a workout will help to balance things out, and insure that you can still button your jeans when the ball drops on the New Year. Even though, I’d live in yoga pants…if that was socially acceptable. 🙂
CHRISTMAS COOKIE BURNER
* Warm up with some light jogging, jumping rope, and stretches for about 5-7 minutes.
** Set a timer for 20 minutes and complete as many rounds of the following exercises as you can. (AMRAP – AsManyRoundsAsPossible)
1. Burpees (10) – Squat down placing your hands on the floor, jump your feet back to pushup position immediately jump your feet forward and explode in a jump into the air. Here are some other options if you are a beginner.
2. Pushups (20) – how to do a pushup
3. Situps (30) – with feet and back on the floor, knees bent at a 90 degree angle and hands placed lightly behind your head. Using your core sit up until your shoulders are off the ground. More advanced, try and touch your elbows to your knees.
4. Squats (40) – Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart keeping your chest up. Sit your booty back like you are going to sit in a chair, when your thighs are parallel with the floor push through your legs back up to a stand. Make sure you knees don’t go out over your toes when you are squatting.
5. Elbow plank hold (50 count) – Get in your plank position balancing on your forearms and toes. Keeping your body in a straight line pull your core muscles tight and hold for a 50 count.
**Beginners Tip: Drop the first exercise (burpees) to 5 reps, and then move up by 5s instead of 10s. (5burpees, 10pushups, 15situps, etc.) And modify the exercises as needed.
Put this workout in your arsenal for Christmas travels, it’s quick and gets the job done. Let me know if you try it!
What is your biggest challenge regarding fitness while traveling?
Want to know about some great pack-able workout stuff you can take with you? Check out this post!