It’s Friday and I thought it would be fun to share with you “5 things” that I’ve been loving lately.
Sometimes I get some of my best new ideas and inspirations from reading other blogs…my hope is that you’ll discover something like that here.
5 Things – I’m Lovin’ Lately
1. Turmeric – Lately I’ve been a turmeric kick. I add it to eggs, veggie burgers, lentils, and sauces. In fact, I’ve made two batches now of turmeric, tahini, and yogurt dressing, which is delicious on pretty much everything.
2. Dates – There is nothing like a full, plump medjool date with a cup of coffee to kill a sugar craving. Yes…I know, dates have sugar…their natural sugar. And seriously, one of these little guys is all I need every few days and I don’t crave other sweets.
3. Bonfires – Cool night air, millions of stars, a cup of hot tea in hand, feeling the warmth of a crackling hot fire, and evening with my best friend. Need I say more.
4. Smoothies – February, not necessarily when most people crave a cool, refreshing smoothie, but I’ll take one year round as long as I can chase it down with a steaming mug of coffee.
Made this tasty Green Smoothie this morning.– 2 bananas, 1/2 avocado, 1 ripe mango, 1 kiwi, juice of 1 lime, 1 stalk celery, 3 cups spinach, 2 cups almond milk, 2 T ground flax seed, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder. Blend until smooth. – Serves 2
Top with almond butter, hemp seeds, or shredded coconut. Mmmm….
If you’ve been skeptical to try a green smoothie, try this recipe, it will ease you in. 🙂
5. Truth – Been hearing about SheReadsTruth for some time. Finally jumped on board this year…and it’s been great. Amazing daily reminders of who God is, who I am, the victory He’s already won, and the faithfulness that He asks of me as I walk with Him. Real ladies all over the globe walking with Jesus. Super cool.
What are you loving lately?
I’m also loving the Finish February Fit Challenge. Check out Week 2’s Challenge here tomorrow!