It’s March, which usually means the start to a spring warm up, plants and flowers beginning to bloom, and maybe even getting back outside for some more enjoyable/not freeze my booty off runs and walks! Woot, for working out outdoors!
What plans do you have for March? Any spring goals? Summer is just around the corner.:)
This March is playing out like a whirlwind for us. We are currently still in the states waiting for our importation paperwork to come in. 😦 Frown city. I want to be home. Still praying our phone call comes in to pick them, like 5 minutes ago.
Anyways, until then we are enjoying all the U.S. has to offer, and getting some much needed computer work done that there just never seems to be time for. Oh…and taxes. 🙂
Also I’ve been thinking about my goals for March, since I’ll be traveling a lot I want to keep myself healthy, rested and avoid sickness while springing into spring!
Here are some of my ideas, and I thought you might find some of them inspiring as well!
1. Re-evalute your fitness plan. Feel like your fitness plan needs a refresher? Sit down for a few minutes, analyze your current fitness level. Then write down your fitness goals. Next make a plan to reach those goals. Consult your favorite fitness mags, or blogs for new and fresh workout ideas.
2. Treat yourself to a new workout notebook to start keeping track of your workouts.My personal favorite is the simple 5 star notebook with inside pocket flaps, and 2 or 3 sections. That way I can record, cardio/HIIT workouts, and strength workouts separately.
3. Try a new salad recipe. I LOVE salad! But sometimes it is just too cold for a salad. However, with spring weather peeking in, now is the best time to buy some fresh, in season produce and try a new recipe.
Here’s a few I’ve had my eye on:
Power Green Salad
Chopped Miso Salad
Sesame Noodle Salad (eaten with chopsticks of course)
4. Schedule a date night/or casual get-together with friends. There is nothing that will beat the winter blues like scheduling a fun outing with your significant other, best friend, or group of friends. Do, something active like going for a hike, and take a cool weather picnic along complete with hot drinks.
OR, have a waffle brunch with friends. You make the waffles and coffee, and everyone brings a creative topping or side dish. MMmmm waffles.
5. Take an hour walk once a week. There is no better way to clear your head than to take a long stroll outside. It’s a great time for prayer and reflection. I’d love for this to become an every week habit for me.
6. Shop for seeds & plan a garden. It’s almost garden season!! What better way to have the freshest produce, and save money than plant some things yourself. If you have never planted before, check out some great tips here.
An herb garden is also a fun way to get your green thumb on. Try planting basil, parsley, and thyme.
7. Pick up a deep read. I’m not much of a book reader. I think I’m a little ADD and that makes blogs and magazine articles perfect for my lack of attention span.
However, I want to be a “deeper” book reader, and I have my eye on a few titles…courtesy of a friend. What book have you been wanting to read?
8. Drink a smoothie a day (maybe even a green one). Loaded with fruits, veggies, lean protein (milk, or protein powder), and healthy fats smoothies pack a nutritional punch. Add a couple handfuls of spinach to make it green, add fiber and iron, and drink your way to a healthy March.
My favorite green smoothie combo:
1/2 green pear
1/2 cup pineapple
2 handfuls fresh spinach
1/2 cup almond milk
1 T ground flax
1 scoop vanilla hemp protein powder
Blend, top with almond butter and hemp seeds! Yum!
9. Get organized. A few months back I got sick of doing all my cleaning on Saturdays. Not only did it waste half my day, but I felt like things were filthy during the week. So, I made a weekly cleaning chart, spreading out my cleaning duties throughout the week. And let me tell you, best.thing.ever! Seriously.
Each day it takes me anywhere from 15-30 minutes to do my chores, and I still have time for everything else in my day. And the best part…Saturday is more like a Saturday should be = win.
So, make some organization goals, how can you more efficiently get everything done? Make a plan, try it, adjust, and then stick with what works.
What are you doing to spring into spring, and make March an awesome month?